Too old to be avoiding the world. :)
A lovely little space for all the things that I like. I have a few obsessions (mostly scifi, politics, youtube & comics) best summed up by me being a geek. Im veering out of control towards my thirties and life is just getting interesting.
Kirsty Mitchell’s late mother Maureen was an English teacher who spent her life inspiring generations of children with imaginative stories and plays. Following Maureen’s death from a brain tumour in 2008, Kirsty channelled her grief into her passion for photography.
She retreated behind the lens of her camera and created Wonderland, an ethereal fantasy world. The photographic series began as a small summer project but grew into an inspirational creative journey.
‘Real life became a difficult place to deal with, and I found myself retreating further into an alternative existence through the portal of my camera,’ said the artist. (read the rest here).
A tiny selection of my favourite outfits in chronological order…
1) Cat. Pretty average, except perhaps the excessive use of blood to create more realistic claws… (I also created slutty silent hill nurse which is basically why that Halloween gets included)
2) Boy. What’s up with my neck and eyes I could not tell you.
3) Zebra. Because it was my animal themed birthday.
4) Halloween again. As your classic murdered maid, I also hate how fake blood peels off. Not cool.
5) Post-apocalyptic future birthday! I just really wanted to be a bad-ass.
6) Yay for 80’s workout zombie!
7) And yes it’s a store-bought silk spectre outfit. But I think it’s also my favourite.
Happy birthday to this awesomly dressed up awesome person!!